Apple Cider Sangria
The perfect cocktail recipe for all of your fall parties and holidays! You'll want to double the recipe!
- 2 small pears, thinly sliced
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple whiskey (or regular whiskey)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling white wine or Prosecco (can sub sparkling cider)
- cinnamon sticks and star anise, for garnish
To a large pitcher, add pear, apple, lemon and pomegranate seeds.
Pour apple cider into the pitcher, followed by apple whiskey and brandy. Refrigerate for a few hours, and then add the sparkling wine right before serving).
Pour chilled sangria into glasses, making sure to get plenty of fruit in each glass. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and a star anise.
- 6 WEIGHT WATCHERS Freestyle SmartPoints per glass (recipe divided into 6 servings)
- Star anise can be found in the spice aisle.
- Optional: If you want the cinnamon sticks and star anise to marinate with the sangria while chilling, you can totally do that instead of using those as a garnish.